Tuesday, January 27, 2009

a room of one's own

so as I slowly get accustom to ambrela and it's gaggles of Macedonian-speaking children, I've also had to procure living arrangements. the first four days were spent with ljatifa, the head of ambrela, and her family in their two-room apartment. I remember thinking Russia seemed cramped, but this was an entirely new level. trundle beds and expanding couches seem to pop up everywhere, so by some modern miracle five of us, if not comfortably and soundly, slept in peace they were truly wonderful for having me, but I was happy to escape.

yesterday I set up a more permenant, and spacious, residense with an elderly Serbian woman near downtown Skopje. she's seems terribly kind, but as she speaks Serbian, Macedonian and claims knowledge of Russian (though I rarely hear her use it) and not a word of English, I have absolutely no idea what has occured during our conversations. but i have a room to myself and have acquired wifi from a neighbor- so really, what more can a person ask for?

Posted by ShoZu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home